PAN card is an essential document for Indian citizens. It is a useful document not only for tax but also for user identification. Many times the user needs to change the name in his PAN card.
This requirement may be due to a spelling mistake in the name. Apart from this, there can be a reason for having different details from Aadhaar card.
Similarly, there was a need to update the name details in the PAN card due to change of surname after marriage. Name details can be changed in PAN card on the basis of Aadhaar card. In this article, we are telling you the online way to change name details in PAN card-
How to change name in PAN card on the basis of Aadhaar e-KYC?
- To update the name in the PAN card, one has to first visit the official website of UTIITSL (UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited).
- Now here you have to click on PAN Card Services. Here you have to click on Change/Correction in PAN Card.
- Now you have to select Apply for Change/Correction in PAN Card Details from the drop down menu.
- Now the application for name update in PAN card will open.
- Now Digital has to be selected from Physical and Digital option.
- Here the Aadhaar-based e-KYC option has to be selected.
- Now Sign Using Aadhaar-based eSign has to be selected.
- Now the details of PAN card have to be shared.
- Submit button has to be clicked.
Payment has to be made by filling the form.
- OTP will be received on the registered number with Aadhaar card for eKYC service.
- After entering the OTP, the address on the PAN card will be populated from the UIDAI data base.
- After giving the rest of the details, the application data has to be verified and the form has to be submitted.
- Now a new OTP will be received for eSign. With the OTP entered, the Aadhaar card will autofill the sign on application.
- This application will now be submitted to UTIITSL for name update.