PAN-Aadhaar Linking Penalty: How to pay a fine of Rs 1000 while linking PAN with Aadhaar? know the process
Very little time is left to link a PAN card with Aadhaar. If you have not yet linked your PAN with your Aadhaar, then link these two documents before March 31, 2023. You should also be aware that if you still go for linking, you will have to pay a fine of Rs 1,000. In case of non-linking from April 1, your PAN will become inactive and you will have to pay a fine of Rs 10,000 for using it. But if you do not know how to pay the fine while linking, then here we are telling you the method.
How to pay the fine at the time of PAN-Aadhaar linking? (PAN-Aadhaar Linking Penalty)
- To link PAN with Aadhaar, first go to the portal of NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited)- https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp.
- Now you will see many tabs, in which click on the challan number ITNS 280.
You have to select the applicable tax.
- Make a single challan payment under Major Head 0021 (income tax other than companies) and Minor Head 500 (other receipts).
- You will get different payment modes for payment. You can pay through net banking or a debit card.
- Now you have to fill PAN card number and assessment year.
- Below this also some details will be asked from you, that too will have to be filled.
- Now proceed by entering the captcha at the end and making the payment.
Try PAN-Aadhaar linking after payment
After making the payment, it will appear on the e-filing portal after 4-5 days, so you have to put in a request for PAN-Aadhaar linkage again, after that you can start the process of Aadhaar-PAN linking on the income tax e-filing portal. can do.
How to link PAN-Aadhaar online? (How to link PAN with Aadhaar Online)
- Open the e-filing portal of Income Tax. Here is the link https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- If not already registered then register. Your PAN number (Permanent Account Number) will be your user ID.
- Now log in by entering your User ID, Password, and Date of Birth.
- A pop-up window will appear, on which you will be asked to link your PAN with your Aadhaar. If it does not come then go to ‘Profile Settings’ and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Now the date of birth and gender details entered on the PAN will already be visible here.
- Now match these details with your Aadhaar details. If this detail does not match in both documents, then you will have to correct the one which is wrong.
- If the details are matching, then enter your Aadhaar number and click on the “link now” button.
- A pop-up message will appear, letting you know that your PAN has been linked to your Aadhaar card.
- You can also visit https://www.utiitsl.com/ or https://www.egov-nsdl.co.in/ to link your PAN with your Aadhaar.